Meeting on Jan 2016 (Constitutive Plenary)
Dear USHU members and all COMM staff based in Delegations:
The new CLP HU met in plenary recently in Brussels (25-27/01) in order to meet up for the first time as a new team of staff representatives working on behalf of you, all categories of colleagues pertaining to the Commission and serving in third countries indeed the CLP HU has the responsibility to represent over 3,500 colleagues in Delegations!
USHU has prepared this brief overview (below) of what we consider to be the main points of this first plenary and is proud to inform you that it has 12 elected members to the CLP HU (find out who they are on the last slide!) our elected USHU members to the CLP HU are at your service and will be available to answer any queries/ provide regular advice.
USHU believes we have a strong team at the CLP HU and will make every effort to continue to serve your interests and to ensure that Delegation staff (Local Agents, Contract Agents, Temporary Agends and Officials) are always on the radar at HQ.
Take a few moments of your time to go through this document and get to know who is who and which management staff we met last week from COMM & EEAS
'Outside Union' Staff Committee - CLP 'Hors Union'
US/SAVE EU = 55,58 %
Elected USHU officials
Officials in Delegations need better representation to ensure their careers and well-being are top of the agenda
USHU/RS IS PRESENT ON THE AD & AST PROMOTION CTEES
USHU WAS THE CHIEF NEGOTIATOR FOR ANNEX X GIPS for HOUSING, LIVING CONDITIONS ALLOWANCE, REST LEAVE, EDUCATION ALLOWANCE
USHU IS KEY IN ENSURING ADAPTATIONS TO COMM HR POLICIES FOR DELEGATIONS ( WORKING TIME, PART-TIME, TELEWORKING )
USHU CONTINUES TO PUSH FOR THE CORRECT AND PROPER APPLICATION OF FLEXITIME AND OTHER KEY HR POLICIES IN DELEGATIONS
1. USHU had raised strong concerns with ADMIN over the slow pace of careers (AD & AST)
2. USHU advocates for better recognition of officials who serve in Delegations during their career
3. USHU will continue to advocate for greater transparency
4. USHU demands that all candidates be treated equally in terms of interviews & feedback to candidates - USHU has commitment from ADMIN to improve this !!
5. USHU has raised awareness in relation to colleagues' complaints on issues such as deposits, housing norms (regular revision of ceilings)
6. USHU is providing follow-up to individual staff members in Delegation for problems stemming from removals
7. USHU is discussing with the EEAS/COMM ways of providing greater predictability to staff, particularly in relation to the "top-up" (amount in excess of the standard Annex X provision)
8. USHU is requesting that greater data be made available to expats before posting on types and costs of schools in 3rd countries
Contract Agents - USHU's commitments to you
NO FALSE PROMISES! JUST THE PLAIN TRUTH & WHAT USHU AIMS FOR READ CA FICHE above
LOCAL AGENT & OFFICIALS see fiches above ALL staff Categories in Delegation MATTER to USHU
USHU WAS THE CHIEF NEGOTIATOR FOR CA Mobility Decision 2014 and will be very present in the 2016 REVISION EXERCISE
USHU IS KEY IN ENSURING POSITIVE REFORMS TO THE CA GIPS 2016
USHU HAS REQUESTED AND MET SEVERAL TIMES WITH THE COMM VICE-PRESIDENT GEORGIEVA TO RAISE CA ISSUES IN PERSON
VOTE USHU/LIST 3 in the CLP HU Elections ( voting commences 26/10/2015) & vote for the following improvements to CA Working Conditions:
Contract Agent MOBILITY!
1. USHU will demand a REVIEW of the COMM Decision (2014) on Mobility of Contract Agents and negotiate better conditions for Contract Agents under this OBLIGATORY mobility scheme
2. USHU will demand that 30% LCA countries have the standard posting reduced to 4 years (currently 5)
3. USHU will demand that more posts are made available in BRUSSELS under the CA ROTATION
4. USHU will underline the need for even greater transparency & accountancy to Staff Representatives
5. USHU will insist that NO CONTRACT AGENT be dismissed as a result of a failed mobility
Contract Agent GIPs (General Implementing Provisions DRAFT PROPOSAL under TU negotiation currently )
1. USHU will put top PRIORITY on a true CAREER PATH for all CONTRACT AGENTS
2. USHU will demand reclassification from one FUNCTION GROUP to a higher one ( FG I/II/III/IV)
3. USHU will demand a harmonised approach to CA human resources policy ( selection, recruitment, reclassification)
4. USHU will demand inter-institutional mobility for Contract Agents
5. USHU will demand an end to the innumerable legal obstacles which are an impediment to both CA3a and CA3b both in terms of career and mobility
INTERNAL COMPETITIONS Access for Contract Agents
USHU in the only TRADE UNION that consistently fought long and hard to ensure that the Staff Regulations 2014 allowed for CA access to Internal Competitions.
This was a little victory & is now foreseen under Art 82 of the CEOs and USHU already has a commitment from DG HR that the Competition will be launched before the end of 2015 !
No-one denies that LOCAL AGENTS are the most vulnerable staff category staff in Delegations. Their rights are regulated by Framework Rules (FR) and Specific Conditions of Employment (SCE), but also local legislation which in many countries is quite vague. LOCAL AGENTS demand better social protection after years of loyal & fruitful service to the EUROPEAN COMMISSION in Delegations!
USHU the ONLY TRADE UNION TO SUPPORT LA. IN JULY 2015 USHU HANDED IN PERSON AN OPEN LETTER TO COMM VP GEORGIEVA DEMANDING LA IMPROVEMENTS
Vote for improvements to LOCAL AGENT Working Conditions:
DEVCO OPTIMUS/EEAS DIVISION OF LABOUR ADMIN TASKS:
1. With the threat of even more LA dismissals (up to 280 LA posts potentially affected) USHU will fight to save posts.
NEW SALARY METHOD
2. USHU fought for and won the successful inclusion of the World Bank !
3. USHU monitors application of the NEW Method for salary and provides assistance and technical advice to LAs in Delegation
4. USHU insists that the medical insurance scheme (CSISLA) is extended by adding new treatments that will be reimbursable
5. USHU insists on medical insurance ON RETIREMENT
6. USHU demands it be broadened to become a proper Pension Fund with the possibility for colleagues to opt for either a lump sum or regular monthly payments on leaving active service
7. USHU will aim to defend and strengthen existing FWC for LAs
JOB SECURITY & PROMOTION
8. USHU successfully avoided the termination of many LA contracts in 2014/2015 providing timely advice to individuals
9. USHU is wholly against the limited promotion of LAs currently capped at max. 4 times in a career!
USHU gives you the facts!
Let's stick to FACTS - you are intelligent colleagues, you will work out what is best for you!
USHU was elected to the CLP HU as part of NEAR YOU, an OSP Alliance made up of Alliance R&D, U4U, FFPE and SFIE. USHU together with its NEAR YOU partners currently represents an incredible 50.5% at central level - USHU therefore has the highest leverage in negotiations on Delegation topics at HQ. (US/PLUS together represent 28.62% - we leave you to do the mathematics!)
USHU has been a gamechanger from the start and returning to the "one-state" committee would be a grave error for Delegation staff.
Prior to 2009, the CLP HU was dominated by 1 Trade Union - guess which one ? yes, Union Syndicale
Union Syndicale Delegation elected members to the CLP HU were so dissatisfied with the management of the Committee that they took a leap into the dark, broke away and formed a new Trade Union - guess which one ? Yes, USHU.
USHU immediately moved in 2009, to reform the CLP HU Electoral Rules and to allow pluralism and real debate on the committee for the good of all Delegation staff!
In the past 6 years USHU has achieved many difficult feats including the following :
USHU or US ?
USHU is proud of being THE ONLY TRADE UNION ENTIRELY DEDICATED TO STAFF IN DELEGATIONS, but we admit the political leverage is limited if you are not based in Brussels. By now, we are an independent trade union recognised by the Administration as representative together with U4U (RS USHU-U4U) and our list is supported by R&D and by FFPE. Therefore, Union Syndicale's claim that USHU is not based in Brussels is groundless and, apart from the alliances mentioned above, we have our office (BRU-J-79 02/209) and our tireless colleague and friend Siggi KRAHL who is always ready to help any colleague in Delegations.
As you may know, we also explored the possibility to establish closer cooperation with US, but they were too concerned about their resources and too worried about our independence. The result is that we are destined to fight each other: USHU the small with limited resources but independent trade union made only by staff in Delegations and dedicated only to staff in Delegations, against US the giant trade union with enormous resources and propaganda machinery present in all working places and in all EU institutions pretending to suddenly care also about staff in EU Delegations.
That's why we ask all Commission colleagues in Delegations to not waste their votes and to vote for the whole LIST 3 USHU as the only independent trade union entirely dedicated to staff in Delegations.
Do not believe in promises and nice messages with sexy design in three languages about everything that happens in Brussels now adapted to the Delegations' readers but who do not even have a dedicated Section for staff based in Delegations.
VOTE THE WHOLE LIST 3 USHU, the only list with a balanced presence of candidates from all continents and all staff categories with proven expertise and commitment to engage for better working conditions for all staff in Delegations. You can check the personal presentation of each USHU candidate. We know how to do it and we do it with honesty and fairness.
THE USHU BUREAU
The truth about the Facebook Groups
Dear Colleagues Local Agents and Contract Agents!
Are you a follower of the LA or CA group on Facebook? If so, please be aware of the following:
The LA and CA FB group were set up by US members currently elected to the CLP HU. They initiated these groups, with the declaration that these should be used for the exchange of information only, and that everybody can express his/her opinion, and that it should under no circumstances be used for Trade Union Propaganda. USHU members were invited to join the group as administrators to ensure balanced views and share the burden. USHU publicly supported the creation of these groups and invited colleagues to join.
What happened next ?! The US unilaterally kicked out USHU colleagues from the administration of these groups, removed contributions and posts from USHU which were critical of the US and started filtering and censoring the new USHU posts to the groups! Meanwhile, the US propaganda is flooding the FB site!
I am not a Candidate in these elections so I feel I can address you openly. Do you really want someone like the US to represent your interests vis-ΰ-vis the Administration??? Choose wisely in the CLP HU elections.
Whatever you decide, my only plea: Please handle with care whatever you read on the LA and CA FB groups! They are patronising the LAs and misleading CAs!